You’re in your 40’s.
The last 20 years have gone by in a FLASH
A LOT of it has been on auto pilot.
A blur of sleepless nights, packing lunches and wondering what the hell to make for dinner …… just trying to keep your head above water.
But the kids are about ready to spread their wings and start their own life.
It’s YOUR TIME.
Time to be intentional with your life. To figure out what comes next and what you TRULY want your life to look like. Time to reconnect with YOU.
How are you going to spend your time when the kids leave home? Do you want to re-connect with your partner? Go back and study? Travel the world?
You have decisions to make and journal prompts for self discovery is the place to start figuring it all out.
So grab a cuppa, your fave journal and pen and answer these 20 questions:
- What do I WANT in this life time- not just stuff but what do you truly want?
- What do I believe about being 40 and still achieving what it is that I want, and why?
- What did I love doing before kids, what hobbies or sport did I play?
- How can I bring my joy into my life?
- Where do I want to be in 5 years? What do I want my life to look like?
- What do I want my relationship with my kids to be like – how often do I want to see/talk/ hang out with them?
- What about my partner (if you have one) – how do I feel about this relationship? What do I want it to look like?
- If you don’t have a partner – Do I want another romantic relationshjp, and if so what would it look like – not brown hair blue eyes and good abs, but shared goals dreams values
- What advice would future me (in 10 years) give me today – what would she suggest I stop doing, start doing, continue doing? Would she have any tough love for me, or perhaps encouragement?
- What’s 1 thing I’ve always wanted to do but haven’t – how can i make it happen?
- What’s my current relationship with money like?
- What would I like my relationship with money to be like?
- What’s my current thoughts about my body?
- How would I like to feel about my body and what would I need to think, to be able to feel that?
- What makes me truly happy?
- What would I want people at my 80th birthday party to say about me? Write it all out
- What life lessons would I share with my 16 year old self?
- If fear or scarecity, or societal rules weren’t in the way – what would I do with the rest of my life?
- Make a list of everything you want to attract more of in life – set your intention – then take the necessary action – and trust that the universe has your back
- My perfect day looks like …… describe in detail. What do you see, hear, feel, taste, who’s with you, what are you doing? And for bonus points record this and play it back to yourself each night as you go to sleep, as you have your morning cuppa, or when you’re brushing your teeth
Don’t leave all this self discovery in your journal though – decide 1 thing to focus on and what action you need to take – then go do it.
Then move onto the next
And the next
….. and voila, you’ve created the next chapter of your life with intent – go you!
If you want support figuring out what you want next, and creating the courage to go after it, CLICK HERE for info about working with me.